We continued our completely-out-of-order-alphabet with the Letter W.
We started with the size sorter from Confessions of a Homeschooler. He's gotten to the point where he only wants to do this one once before moving on to "somping ewse."
On the Confessions site, she had watermelons with shapes on them. You cut them in half and match up the shapes. I have decided to work on shapes and colors once we are done with the alphabet, but Dylan is already getting a great head start on shapes with activities like this one.
Before long it was time to color. Dylan went all out on this whale coloring page. When he finished he held it up and said, "I give dis to Daddy!" So we wrote a little note on it and I'll have to put it in a envelope and send it to Josh. Special Delivery!
Before naptime, Dylan wanted to do his alphabet puzzle while watching an episode of WordWorld (one of his new favorites).
Our afternoon W activities started when I pulled out some pipe cleaners, rolled up one end to make a head, and told Dylan that they were worms. This was the hit of the day. Four pipe cleaners can keep a kid busy for hours! Of course, before too long they turned into trumpets, lions, caterpillars, and lots of other boy stuff. His imagination was on a roll!
| The worm is coming to get Mommy! |
Our last worksheet for the day was his W letter search. He found every W without any help. What a stud!
| Confessions activity |
Dylan and I love Woody. So we had to get a photo of Dylan and his W is for Woody stuff!
Toy Story was the first full-length movie he was interested when younger. He got a big Woody pillow for Christmas in 2011 and he has a big Toy Story blanket on his bed. And he has an awesome, huge Woody that he loves. When Connie was here a couple weeks ago, she pulled Woody down from the toy net and Dylan hugged him for almost 5 minutes saying, "Woody, I missed you!"
We started reading his Toy Story book while snuggled up with Woody and the huge Woody pillow. I love this picture because Dylan is waving Woody's hand at me. "How-ee part-er!" (Or, Howdy Partner)
Our W movie that night was Wall-E. Even though we own it, Dylan hadn't seen it before. So we snuggled up with some popcorn for movie time to finish our W Day.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I had to post this photo because it makes me smile every time. We took a break from W stuff for a while and played Hide-and-Go-Seek.
He has some of the best hiding places. Closing his eyes definitely helped too.
No comments:
Post a Comment