We started with his Confessions of a Homeschooler letter search.
After we made our own X-Ray, we read our library book, Jessica's X-Ray by Pat Zonta. It was a great book. It had real x-ray pics in it and it was a great way to explain to D that he has bones inside of him too! He was totally into it. We felt the bones in his hands when looking at the hand x-ray, we felt his ribs when looking at the chest x-ray, and we knocked on his skull when looking at the head x-ray. Fun stuff!
After his nap we moved onto a different X theme. I wanted to incorporate a 'X Marks the Spot' part of our day. He loved our pirate time yesterday, so I wanted to build off of that.
I ended up drawing a Pirate Snack Map where X Marks the Spot! I found the inspiration for D's snack map here. Obviously, I did a very different map, but that's where I got the idea.
He had goldfish by the water, grapes by the palm tree, carrots by the volcano, Coco Puffs by the ship, and yogurt covered pretzel sticks marking the X. Dylan loved his map. We ended up taping it on the bottom of the fridge because "Dats where snacks are!"
We read one more X book before bed. I got the Harry and the Bucket Full of Dinosaurs, X Marks the Spot by Bright & Early Books from the library.

No comments:
Post a Comment