| Showing off his Owl and making Owl noises |
This alphabet project might be making me a little crazy. Last night, we were at my parents' house and they were talking about their plans for tonight. Dinner was going to include salmon and scalloped potatoes and then they were going to watch the State of the Union. My first thought was, "Oh! They are doing S day here tomorrow." Yikes, I think I need more adult time in my life.
We always ease into our day. Today we started with a little coloring for O Day. I know he doesn't coloring in the lines, but he gets the concept and tries. Notice each O object is a different color. That was enough of an accomplishment to make me proud.
I didn't print of a Do-A-Dot sheet for today so we decided to use his Dot painters on a regular O. He didn't like it as much. Too much freedom without the dots? But he did use every single color of his Dot painters. It turned into a messy masterpiece.
We had two O books today. I got Owl Babies from the library after seeing lots of recommendations. We also read Dylan's Octonauts book that he got for Christmas from Nonny & Poppy (Steve & Connie).
We had a very busy afternoon. We worked on motor skills with Cheerios (O's!!) put on spaghetti sticks stuck in a styrofoam ball. He concentrated SO hard at getting the Cheerios on. He even managed to get two on at once! Overachiever. He asked me to leave it out so he could play with it again later. He thought it was difficult, but he must have liked the challenge.
I found some Octonaut activities on the 1+1+1=1 website. We watched an episode of Octonauts and then pulled out the stuff I printed off. We started with puzzles. Dylan had to match up the characters' heads with their bodies. He also showed that he knows all the characters' names (surprise for me).
| Admiring his work and telling me which is his favorite (It's Tweak, apparently) |
Then he helped me sort out tiny little pics of the characters and then put them on the counting sheet. This wasn't a favorite activity for either of us, but we practiced some counting and talked about all the characters.
As usual, I never guess which activity/craft is going to be his favorite of the day. Today it was the octopus (original craft seen here). He helped put the stickers on the 8 tentacles and told me where to put his eyes and mouth. He ran around with this thing for the rest of the night. Who knew this was going to be such a hit?
Later in the afternoon, we headed back over to my parents' house for dinner. While we were there, we did two O crafts. The first was the O owl (original craft found here).
| Gluing the O on his owl |
As usual, I never guess which activity/craft is going to be his favorite of the day. Today it was the octopus (original craft seen here). He helped put the stickers on the 8 tentacles and told me where to put his eyes and mouth. He ran around with this thing for the rest of the night. Who knew this was going to be such a hit?
After Dylan's bath, we got his O animals ready for a picture. He had Oso and his Owl ready to go. But before I could take the picture he told me that we had to go find his octopus we made earlier and his King crown. He wanted to be King Dylan again for the photo.
| King Dylan with O stuff |
Later, he showed me the owl craft, the octopus, and his crown again and told me about how much he liked all of them and how "we make 'em!" I think he is proud of his work. I am too.

No comments:
Post a Comment