Saturday, February 2, 2013

A Southpaw D Day?

Day two of our Alphabet month brought us to the letter D. Yes, I know that D is not the second letter in the alphabet. So take it under advisement that we will not be going in order. I have reasons behind the madness, I swear.

Southpaw Coloring
I had actually planned on doing B today, but some of the things I wanted to do weren't possible today, so we skipped ahead. So today was all about D!

After our morning tradition of breakfast, GMA, and coffee (guess who gets what?), we did a little coloring to start off the D festivities. I was a little surprised that Dylan wanted to color with his left hand. He favored his right when coloring yesterday, but he was in a Southpaw kind of mood today, I guess. I wonder which hand will dominate tomorrow?

Next, we bundled up and headed outside (despite the snow) for an excursion/field trip. We headed to Dunkin' Donuts because, well, I figured that we had to considering it was D day. Appropriately, we even found Ds on the doors!

Dylan decided that he wanted a chocolate donut. It doesn't take much to make a 2 1/2 year old happy - a donut with sprinkles will do the trick!

Once we got back home it was time for some more Confessions activities... We did Duck mini-puzzles and a Dinosaur puzzle.

We had just enough time for a couple books (Dinosaur Opposites and I Love My Daddy Because...) and a Donald Duck cartoon before naptime.

The afternoon was filled with more D stuff! We did another Do-A-Dot page:
More Southpaw action

A Dino size sorting game:

And when it was time for dinosaur coloring, he asked me to color with him. He also knows that pink is my favorite color, so he gave me the pink crayon and told me to make my dinosaur pink. Sweet...but kind of bossy.


We made the venture to his room again to look for D stuff. We didn't find as much as I thought we would. We ended up with Scout the dog, his Daddy Doll, and his doggy.

After dinner (which included Dinosaur chicken nuggets) we snuggled up to watch Dumbo. I think Day 2 of alphabet month was a success. Considering that tomorrow is Super Bowl Sunday, we are jumping ahead again and making tomorrow F Day! Don't judge me when I use finger food and football in our lesson tomorrow. It's not laziness, it's fandom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On a side note: 6 years ago today, Josh and I were at the Orange County Courthouse in flip flops exchanging vows in front of two wonderful friends (Drew & MC).


Happy Anniversary to the man who gave me the most amazing thing in my world - our son.

No comments:

Post a Comment