Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Michigan Trip Continued...1 Family Cookout Courtesty of the Cadaret’s

On the last Friday that we were in Michigan, The Cadaret Family put together a cookout for our entire family. It was so thoughtful of them. And it was a wonderful chance for all of us to spend some quality time together.

Shauna, Gary & Sally Cadaret
Who are the Cadaret Family? Gary, Sally, and their daughter, Shauna, are Joe and Cindy’s neighbors and close friends. I first met them in 2005, when after an hour of meeting me, Gary (who LOVES to retell this story) told me that even if Josh didn’t know it yet, I was the one. Josh proposed to me the following year. I guess Gary was right!

"Mmmm! Corn on the Cob!"
The Cadaret's put together a huge feast for all of us.  This was no small feat considering there were over 20 of us there! Burgers, dogs, salads, carrot cake, and more! We stuffed ourselves - it was wonderful! And Dylan really liked the corn on the cob that Carson and Marsha brought over!

It was the night before Grandpa West’s funeral so it was really nice for all of us to spend some quality time together at the house. It felt wonderful to be surrounded with so much family and so much love. Josh and I are blessed with such a amazing family.

I think Dylan really liked being spoiled and loved on by so many beautiful ladies! Both Aunt Marlene and Cousin Morgan loved their Dylan-time!




Aunt Marlene even gave Dylan his bath and put him to bed that night so that Dylan’s Mama could enjoy some relaxing time. I was very grateful for the adult time…and I think Aunt Marlene really liked the baby time. It was a win-win!

It was the perfect evening, filled with food, fun, family and friends. A HUGE thank you to the Cadaret Family for throwing together such a nice evening. You are truly wonderful friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment