L Day started off early with breakfast.
When D was heading to the table, I told him that he was going to have a special breakfast for L Day, to which he replied, "A special breakfast? I so excited!" Have I mentioned that my son is awesome? But unlike the caterpillar snack from yesterday, he dove right into his lion waffle*.*It was a waffle, mandarin oranges, banana slices and two chocolate chips in the eyes. You'd think I was a gourmet chef from his happy reaction.
| Confessions activity |
| Confessions activity |
One of our afternoon crafts that we were both excited about was building a L Lizard. Dylan had a little example picture and I cut out all the pieces. I was on glue duty and he put everything in its place. It turned out really cute!
| Placing the head |
| The L Lizard! |
We took the L hunt into Dylan's room looking for more L stuff. He ran straight to his bed and pointed out the L in his name.
And there is a lion picture on the wall!
Our last craft of the day (after doing his L Dot sheet) was creating a ladybug. I showed him how to use the glue stick on the back of the dots and he concentrated SO hard. It was really cute to watch.
The movie of the night was The Lion King. I love watching the opening sequence with Dylan because he gets so excited seeing all the animals. When the baby and adult giraffe came onto the screen (as the song says, "...and blinking step into the sun") Dylan said, "Awww! A baby and mama giraffe. Dats so cute!" What a nut!
No comments:
Post a Comment