Monday, February 11, 2013

Nests & Nighttime (N Day)

Nonny Connie left early this afternoon, so I decided that we would do another letter that Dylan was already pretty good at. That way we wouldn't overload our day. That made today N Day!

N Day!

Confessions activity
No surprise with our first activity of the day - Do-A-Dot pages. We did the upper/lower page and his letter search page (I didn't take a pic of the letter search page, but you've seen plenty of those already).

Interesting side note that I didn't even think about before today: When doing his letter search sheet, he got confused between lowercase h and lowercase n. So, we might have to work on that again.

I had two more Confessions of a Homeschooler activities ready for N Day. First, we had the upper/lower case sorting game. Today's was really cute. There was a picture of the nest and the letters were on eggs. He had to put the right eggs in each nest. He rocks this game now! 
Confessions activity

Then we worked on bird nest puzzles. I cut some of these in crazy angles (instead of all of them being cut down the middle I did before) but it didn't slow him down. 
Confessions activity

Once Connie was gone, I figured that I would distract Dylan by doing a N craft. I made the bird and cut everything else out during his nap so it was ready for glue! He really liked putting the eggs in the nest.

We headed over to my parents' house later in the afternoon and took our final N craft of the day with us. My mom had the final ingredient to make our "N for Night" craft at her house. I had cut out a black lowercase n and a white moon. Dylan helped me decide where to put the moon and then he got some star stickers from Nonny to fill up the "night sky." 

I saw a photo of something kind of similar to this online, but changed it around to something that would appeal to Dylan.

N for Night

N Day was fairly low-key. We'll see how the rest of the week goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment