We did the Do-A-Dot letter search sheet:
A size sorter:
And umbrella "puzzles"
For his pre-nap cartoon, I had a unicorn episode of Little Einsteins saved for U Day on the DVR. Personally, I really don't like Little Einsteins. But my son is obsessed. So he was thrilled to watch an episode of "Rocket."
I saw some Umbrella crafts on Pinterest and combined some of the ideas for a craft of our own. I cut a paper plate and let him color it. Next, we glued it to construction paper. I let him pick out a pipe cleaner for the handle. Then things got tricky. FYI, glue is not very successful in holding a pipe cleaner to paper. We eventually just gave up and got a real umbrella out of the closet. And don't tell me that it's bad luck to open an umbrella indoors. My kid was happy and it was worth it!
That night, we attempted to watch Mary Poppins (I figured the whole umbrella thing was my way to incorporate a movie into U Day). Unfortunately, it didn't really go over that well. He was moderately interested, but we only made it about 40 minutes into the movie before he was completely over it. Oh well.
We've got some big letters coming up this week. I have to get busy with the prep work!
No comments:
Post a Comment