Wednesday, February 27, 2013

An Icy, Igloo I Day

 I Day was officially the most difficult day to fill with activities. I know it has been a while since I wrote about one of our Letter Days. We have slowed down a bit recently. Between Dylan being sick over the weekend, me having to work a bunch, and Dylan's next session of classes starting up at the Y, it's hard to fit all our letters in!

We did "I Day" last week, but I realized that I hadn't written about it yet. We did the Do-A-Dot sheet first. He was being so careful. And he chose to use "Nonny's favowit color."

Dylan asked to color next. I had an ice cream coloring sheet (After I took this photo he went a little crazy on the ice cream cone. It kind of ended up being a yellow blob).

He wanted to keep coloring, but I was out of coloring sheets. I did have a print-out of a lowercase i so I pulled that out. He traced it and then said, "I make a yitto i!"

After we ate lunch I had an igloo craft. I saw something similar online only it used glue. I cut the top off of a Solo cup, turned it upside down  smeared white frosting all over it and let D cover it in mini-marshmallows. That way, I wouldn't worry if he sneaked a frosting-covered mallow as a snack.

We didn't find much I stuff in his room, but we did pull out his ice pack. When D gets hurt he always wants to put "ice" on it. So I took a pic of him showing how he uses his ice.

That night Dylan had veggie straws for a snack and we made I's with them.

It wasn't quite as fun-filled as some of our other days, but we still had fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment