Monday, February 4, 2013

Caterpillars + Cookies = C Day!

Welcome to C Day!!

The first thing Dylan wanted to do on C day, was "Dots." I'm telling you, those things are a success. So we did two Confessions pages. The first one was a simple dot page.

Confessions activity
The second one was a letter search. I had him "dot" all the Cs on the page. He got most of them on his own. He only needed help with three of them. I was so proud! he was pretty proud of himself too.


After that, I told D that I had a special book for him.
I loved If you Give a Mouse a Cookie when I was a kid, so I had to get it from the library for him. And there was a HUGE copy! He was pretty excited about the really big book! We read it a few times before we took a break for snack time. I told him he could have a cookie and a glass of milk like the mouse did. He said, "Great! I want a straw like the mouse too!"

[Side note: Do you notice my shoutout to baseball? Since football season ended yesterday, it is now time for me to get excited about baseball season! Opening Day is right around the corner! Go Cardinals!]

Dylan has always been a HUGE Eric Carle fan, so it was obvious that we would have to include the Very Hungry Caterpillar in our C Day. In the afternoon we read the book, watched the animated cartoon, and had a caterpillar snack.

I saw a picture of the caterpillar snack on Pinterest, but (of course) mine didn't turn out as perfect as the one online. It's kind of hard to see in this photo, but he had an apple slice body, a Babybell for his head, and cut up fruit leather for his antenna and legs. Here's a link to the original source. Maybe if you make it, you'll be more successful than I was.

However, Dylan liked it so much that he wouldn't eat it. Every time I took an apple slice out, he would grab it and put it back. He just wanted to look at it. So eventually, I had to take the whole snack apart so he would eat the apples and cheese. I love that even if my craftiness isn't successful, my son still loves it. He is so supportive.

This evening we went out for dinner with Mom & Bob and I told Dylan he had to eat something that had a C in it for C day. Before we got to the restaurant he said, "Mommy! C like Cheese!" So, naturally, I agreed to Mac & Cheese at dinner.

I had so many more activities to do today, but we just didn't have enough time. Maybe when the month is over, we can go back and do review days where we do games and crafts that we missed the first time around?
*That is actually Dylan's Longhorn from TX,
but he calls it a cow...so  he was included in the photo

No comments:

Post a Comment