We started off our morning with more Do-A-Dot stuff from Confessions. His Grandma Connie is still here visiting so he got to show off his skills for her. She was very proud, of course!
We had three H books to read before naptime. My Uncle John had given him Hippos Go Berserk (which he already loves) and I picked up two more from the library. One was just okay, the other was a huge hit. He really liked Hidden Hippo by Joan Gannij.
The afternoon was filled with "H"earts! We made Valentine cards for all of his Grandparents.
I had bought blank cards and he put conversation heart stickers on the fronts. He may have gotten more stuck on his fingers than on the cards. But at least he was having fun!
He then painted pictures inside each one. He even told me what each picture was. There were animals, birds, a rainbow, and even a pumpkin. He thinks he is quite the artist.
| Dylan's masterpieces |
We continued our Heart stuff with another craft. He glued all sizes of construction paper hearts on an upper and a lower case H.
I love this picture of him concentrating SO hard! It always helps when you stick out your tongue! He's getting pretty good at using the glue stick. He doesn't get quite enough glue on each heart, but he gets the concept. I kept adding glue when he wasn't looking.
I was so surprised at how much I loved how this turned out. It was such a simple idea, and it turned out so cute!
Nonny Connie had brought a gift for Dylan. It is one of those water color books. After his bath, he got to do a couple sheets. I picked the ones with H stuff to keep with our theme of the day.
We've hardly had time for Letter Day stuff because he has been having so much fun playing with Nonny Connie. As a matter of fact, I am sitting here typing and I can hear him giggling with delight in his room. He is having way too much fun. I guess that's what grandmas are for!
No comments:
Post a Comment