Have you ever seen an exploded wet diaper? Unfortunately, I’ve seen many. When I was a lifeguard at the Public Pool in Moline, it was not uncommon to find the remains of a diaper with little, tiny gel pellets everywhere. I realized immediately what I was looking at this afternoon - Let me start at the beginning.
My husband is a chocolate chip cookie junkie, so I thought I’d make him a batch while Dylan was eating lunch. I figured it would brighten Josh’s day when he walks in the door and smells cookies. I had just gotten them all in the oven and wiped down the kid’s mess when I thought I’d quickly switch out a load of laundry (Wow, I’m quite the homemaker, today, huh?). So when I opened the washing machine to throw Dylan’s clothes into the drier I was greeted with millions gel pellets covering everything!
Dylan’s diapers are in a bin that is in pretty close proximity to his dirty laundry bin (Hmm, maybe I should rethink that placement). One must have escaped and jumped into the laundry basket where it was playing a game of Hide-and-Go-Seek with me…which I clearly lost. So, when it got washed, it exploded and deposited all of it’s gel pellet goodness everywhere.
I threw everything into a basket and took it into the bathroom where I rinsed every piece of clothing under the faucet. I should probably mention that it took three sessions to complete the basket. Between Dylan trying to “help” and other things going on in the house, I had to keep leaving and coming back.
Oh, I forgot to mention that when Dylan was trying to help, he managed to somehow bruise his face! I was leaning over the tub when he started crying. I look over at him and he has one leg in the laundry basket and one leg on the floor and a bruise that was already starting turn purple right below his eye.
Thankfully, I kept my mind together enough through all of this to remember the cookies in the oven! That would have been, yet another, disaster!
So after a couple hours, I have managed to rinse everything, clean out the washing machine, get the clothes back in the washer, rinse out the bathtub, and keep Dylan away from the pellets. Now, I just have to get all the laundry done and out of the laundry room so I can mop up the floor with all the stray pellets. Ooo, I guess I need to mop the bathroom floor too! Whew, well this has been a project I was NOT expecting today.
I think I need a nap...and Josh better LOVE his cookies!

i love chocolate chip cookies too
ReplyDelete