Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Disney Days - a Magical Magic Kingdom Day

You may think that we did everything a little backwards with our Magic Kingdom day last, but it worked out great for us. Coming in second place behind the wonderful Christmas decorations at the Magic Kingdom, comes their Autumn/Halloween stuff. Since this park is the home to the Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Parties, they really go all out with decorating.

They even dress up scarecrows for the holiday!

And don’t get me started on the giant pumpkins! (Okay, so they are fake…but they look great!)

They even put up special statues around the Walt & Mickey statue in front of the castle.

We found Pirate Goofy! Cindy was super excited because Goofy is her favorite and, let’s face it, pirates are cool! So we had to get some good photos with that funny scallywag!

And what kind of trip to the Magic Kingdom would it be without stopping to see Mr. & Mrs. Disney (Mickey & Minnie)?

I just want to take a brief moment to mention how happy I am that Cindy D wanted to come on this vacation with us. I’ve known her since I was in grade school and she has always be wonderful to me. I’m not at all surprised that she treats my son the same way. She’s one of those people that you want around a lot because she has the ability to brighten up your day. She really made the trip more special…and fun!

Our day at Magic Kingdom would not be complete unless we had Dole Whips. It's a Magic Kingdom tradition for our family. If you’ve never had a Dole Whip, you are missing out on one of the true treasures at Walt Disney World. Next time you are there, stop at the refreshment counter across from the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse and treat yourself to a bit of tropical bliss in a cup. Trust me! All three of us ladies got different flavors and Dylan sampled them all!

Our final night in Disney World ended with me holding my son while watching Wishes at the Magic Kingdom. I had forgotten how many times I saw those fireworks and heard the music (When I worked at the Grand Floridian, one of our jobs was to be a Fireworks Cruise boat captain on Pontoon Boats. So I took families out on that Lake many, many, many times for this show). All the words and my favorites parts came rushing back as soon as it started. It was a simple joy that I wasn’t expecting. Maybe that sweet song is one I should add to my Dylan lullaby repertoire.

It ended up being the perfect end to a wonderful vacation with my incredible son, my wonderful Mama, and a very dear family friend. I’m so lucky to have those memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment