Our Halloween was a little bit off this year. Josh was in California for two weeks for a training school and only got back on Oct 29. So he missed the Trunk or Treat on the base, we didn't have time to plan and prepare for a Halloween Party (like last year), and I didn't want to do the Halloween event at the Zoo without him. But at least he was here for Trick or Treating on Halloween night.
At first, we weren't sure of the plans or if Josh was going to be around, so Dylan and I planned costumes together and let Josh do his own thing. Dylan was a huge inspiration for his costume this year. He is a wild man and is ALL BOY! So what better costume for him than the super strong and outgoing Bam Bam Rubble. And Betty is adorable, so I was all for it!
The bad news was that I could not find a cute Bam Bam costume anywhere. All of the ones online looked a little ridiculous! So, that meant I had to stretch my creative powers and try to put something together. Thankfully, Dylan is the cutest little guy ever and wears anything well. I think it turned out pretty decent. And he even carried that club around for the first hour! Way to play the part, Buddy!
His "club" was his tee-ball bat, the "fur" sash was a scarf made by my Grandma Gisele, and the bone was drawn and cutout on thick Styrofoam posterboard. His vest was a bit too small, but I figured if that was the one thing that went wrong, I was still doing okay.
Josh kept up his Superhero streak and went as Clark Kent. I think he pulled it off really well. Doesn’t he look really different in those glasses? Hummm…maybe Lois Lane wasn’t quite the idiot we make her out to be! Regardless, he was a stud. My hero!
We went over to the Runnels’ neighborhood because they really go all out over there. The Scott’s came too, so we had a 2-yr old Elleah as a clown, 1-yr old Bam Bam, and 4 month old Lily the Owl!
Dylan did great while Trick or Treating. Just like the big boy that he is, he walked most of the way! But, just like the rebel that he is, he wanted to go his own way, on his own terms. So, we ended up having to carry him for most of the second half of the neighborhood.
Overall, it was a successful night. Dylan’s pail was full from making the rounds...so that made Daddy really happy! When we finished our loop of the neighborhood, we all went out to dinner together.
Our Halloween ended with cuddling on the couch while watching “It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!” What a way to spend a holiday! I hope you all had a fun and frightening Halloween!





No comments:
Post a Comment