Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Nana Connie comes to GA

This week, my Step-mom (Dylan’s Nana) came to visit for a few days. Connie gets lots of Dylan time, Dylan gets lots of spoiling, and I get lots of relaxation…everyone is happy! She came for a 5 day vacation, which we all agreed is not long enough! Next time, we will know better.

We picked her up on Saturday, just in time for her to come to the ‘Trunk or Treat’ on base with us and the Runnels Family. I didn’t have Dylan’s costume ready so he just wore a “I heart Mummy” shirt - and I think he looked adorable! I’m not sure if he was scared or amazed at all of the costumes around him. In this photo, I couldn’t get his attention because I think the Mario Brothers were standing behind us!

‘Trunk or Treat’ went up one road and back down the other, and there were lots of trucks, cars, and even boats all decked out in Halloween decorations. It was sunny and gorgeous out, which meant that LOTS of other people were there at the same time as us. The line to walk up and down the street was really long! But we still had fun.

Dylan really liked the big blow-up lawn ornaments. Every time the spider would move his head from side to side, Dylan would laugh and clap. I guess he didn’t get the memo to be scared around spiders that are bigger than your car.

He also liked the giant black cat. His head moved back and forth too. After clapping for a while, he went over to pet the kitty. But that one wasn’t as cuddly as Oscar.

All of the cars had different themes and cute stuff. Dylan liked the Pirate themed one (of course) and tried to steal some treasure instead of candy. He knows what he likes!

Us with Katie & Elleah
I’m so glad the Runnels let us tag along with them and their little half angel- half devil. The only down side was that both of our kids didn’t take good naps that day, so neither one of them was energy packed and ready for fun. At least there was no screaming and crying! Now we’ll just have to hope that our group Trick-or-Treating night goes well!

Dylan has been having so much fun with Nana Connie. I think they are both going to be sad when she leaves. At least he got a huge amount of spoiling squeezed in the past 5 days. Between all of the hugs, and long walks through the neighborhood, and book reading, and snuggling, and presents (more on that later)...he has been one lucky little fella!

Dylan & Nana Connie


No comments:

Post a Comment