Josh’s Grandpa, Ed West, died while we were in Michigan. He died on August 24 at the age of 91. I had only known him for six years, but I learned very quickly what a kind, gentle, admirable, and honorable man he was. He was nothing but wonderful to me since the day I met him. Even though Dylan will never remember his Great-Grandpa West, he will know his memory and legacy through us.
Cindy, (Josh’s mom) loved her dad very much and I know she inherited much of his compassion. I also know that it meant so much to her that her entire family was there at her father’s funeral. That’s right! 1 husband, 5 children (and 3 additional children in Larry, Eric, and me!), and 8 grandchildren.
It was the first time that all 8 Grandkids have been in the same place at the same time. We did our best to get a good photo of them all!
Listed from oldest to youngest: Dalton, Morgan, Logan, Meredith, Mallory, Lucas, Jessie, and Dylan! What a crew!
![]() |
| Anika with Josh, Logan & Dalton |
I, of course, couldn’t pass up an opportunity to have my photo taken with 3 of my favorite young men! How handsome are they all dressed up? I’m a lucky lady to have them in my life!
It was a lovely service, and I am so happy that we were there to be surrounded by our family. Thanks to all of our family and friends who showed us their support. Grandpa West was a great man, and I guarantee you that our little family will do our best to make him proud. We love you, Grandpa!




No comments:
Post a Comment