I met Phil in 2005, when I started working at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort. We became friends quickly, maybe mainly because he is such a wonderful man. He’s an amazing person that I feel lucky to call my friend. Only recently, I got to know the woman he plans to spend his life with, Natalie. Once, we started to get to know each other, I feel like we have become good friends as well. She is so sweet and supportive. They make such a great pair. I hope to call them friends for many years to come!
They got married on 9-10-11 at their friends’ home in Celebration. It was a luau themed event, filled with Hibiscus flowers, margaritas, leis, and hot, hot, hot weather! It was such a sweet celebration. It was easy-going but classy. Perfect for these two!
Since Josh had just taken so much time off of work, he couldn’t get more leave this quickly, so he didn’t make the trip to Orlando with us. Thank goodness the newlyweds, Matt & Brittany, let me tag along with them as their third wheel.
The ceremony was only a few minutes long. Just long enough to say the important stuff like, “I do!” They looked so happy. Fun fact: Natalie’s best friend couldn’t be there, so they set up a laptop right by where they did the deed and she got to basically be a part of the whole thing. I love his photo because she is waving to her best friend on the computer.
Wasn’t Natalie an absolutely gorgeous bride? You can’t even tell by looking at her that it felt like it was a million degrees outside. There is reason why there isn’t a photo of me, Matt & Britt at the wedding. We looked like our seats were in a sauna. But Natalie doesn’t even look phased by the heat. That must just be the true happiness look, right? Either way, she looked amazing.
And check out their get-away car! They went to Downtown Celebration to take photos with the car as well. So awesome.
I absolutely love hibiscus flowers, so needless to say, I was in love with their cake. It looked beautiful. They had some really fun food as well. I think my favorite part was the Mashed Potato Bar. I probably could have just had two plates. One with a Mashed Potato Bar creation, and one with cake. What more could a girl going stag ask for?
What is Natalie’s new last name, you ask? Baum! Check out this great frame with photos of buildings…how great is that? Think I can find any architecture with the letters S-I-T-K-O?
It was such a fun night. I owe a big one to my Mom & Cindy for being on Dylan duty so I could go and be an adult for the night. And CONGRATS to the new married couple - may they have many, many happy years ahead of them. If they look anywhere near as happy as they did that night, they’ve got it made!
No comments:
Post a Comment