Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Reunion in Austin, TX

Last Thursday (June 7th), I got left my little angel with my parents and got on a plane to Texas. I had only been to Texas once before. I went with my mom to San Antonio when I was in High School. Even though Andrew had been trying forever to convince Josh and I to make a trip to Austin, we hadn't yet. Apparently, all he had to do was get married for me to make the trip.

I got off the plane in Austin and was greeted by the sound of live music at the airport taco bar. That was reason number one that I loved that airport. Reason number two was the glass etchings of fancy hairdos on the bathroom mirrors so you could wash your hands and laugh at yourself at the same time.

I felt so loved when a whole carload of people came to pick me up. Holly, Matt, Shannon, and Rob all came along to get me! I have some amazing friends. Even though I am really sad that Josh couldn't be there to spend time with his friends, I was so happy that I had something to look forward to right after his deployment. This group of friends always has a good time and I knew they'd be the perfect distraction from missing my husband.
B-ry, Me & Matt
Me & The Bride
Me & My Shannon
As always, they were awesome and so much fun.

And the perfect reason for our Texas reunion was the Bride and Groom.
They are so cute together and are the perfect fit for each other. I always thought that statement was true, but didn't realize how true until that weekend. They are a perfect match and I couldn't be more thrilled that they found each other. Holly is definitely the kind of girl you want your guy friends to find. I'm so glad that I can now call her my friend as well.

If you don't already know, Andrew is a Production Manager, Camera Operator and/or Director of Photography (and more - I don't know what he likes to be called, but I know he's always doing a bunch of different things) for a huge variety of projects. Weather it be one of his own productions or for shows that have aired on VH1, MTV, A&E, Nat Geo, Discovery, and more. He has also filmed a bunch of music videos for Granger Smith and Drew Kennedy. Check out some of his work Here. Okay I'm done bragging about my friend now.

Enjoying the show
While we were at their house on Thursday, he gave us a preview of the wedding video we were all going to watch at the rehearsal  dinner and a few other projects he had been working on. We loved it! I'm so proud of him for finding an exciting career that he loves doing...and he seems to be REALLY good at it! (In my amateur opinion)!

And it would be totally uncharacteristic of our group to not play a few rounds of "Stop the Boat."
Stop the Boat

It was a great start to the Wedding Weekend Extravaganza!

No comments:

Post a Comment