Monday, June 11, 2012

Josh's Apartment in Bahrain

I know I haven't written in quite a while. Between being out of town for a few days for a wedding, and preparing for that trip, I have been really busy! But I realized that I haven't given a good update on Josh lately, and that is unacceptable! So this post is all about Josh! (One of my favorite topics)

[NOTE: I'm going to share the photos he took and try to tell you about everything. I may not have all the details 100% perfect, but I'll try to remember everything and pass all the info along. If I'm messing up anything, I'm sorry. I'll try to do my best.]

The street where he lives
He moved from his hotel into his apartment during his second week and is settling in well. He isn't living on base, he is in an apartment complex that is about a 15 minute walk away. If you, like one of my friends, was imagining that he was living in a tent and eating dirt, prepare to be surprised. That is not the case at all. He shares an apartment with two other Coast Guard guys from the base.

This is his apartment:

He has his own bedroom with a King size bed. I told him that he's going to hate coming back and sharing a Queen with me. (He, of course, completely disagreed and earned himself a few extra points) 


He also has his own television in his room where he set up the PS3 that he took with him. Imagine, all the game play he wants without a nagging wife to limit his Madden time!


It's a townhouse with the Livingroom and Kitchen on the Main Floor:
Livingroom
Kitchen (View 1)
Kitchen (View 2)

There is a pool that he can see from his bedroom window.
However, I know he hasn't really been swimming much. I wonder if the water in the pool is too warm from the weather being so hot and miserable all the time? Anyway, he said that he went swimming in a pool on the other side of the complex once, but that's about it.

Well, I hope I didn't mess any details up too much. I promise to start doing better about Josh updates. He's starting to settle in and I know he's finally adjusting to the time change. We've even gotten a Skype schedule down and tend to talk around the same time almost every day. More Josh details to follow soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment