Having watched the flight tracker, I already knew that he flew up through the North Eastern part of America and then continued North through Canada before crossing the water. He told me that he could clearly see New York City (which he had never seen before) all lit up at night. He could see Boston's lights off in the distance, but wasn't close enough to see anything. Then, once above Canada, he said he saw an amazing display of the Northern Lights. I was, of course, very jealous because I've never seen them. It's one of the things on my bucket list! He's seen them before, but he said this one was really awesome. After sunrise, they crossed the Southern border of Greenland (which he said looked nothing but white). He finally got about 5 hours a sleep and woke up around Germany.
![]() |
| Where is Bahrain? |
By the time I talked to Josh he had checked into his hotel, met with his sponsor (the guy who is about to leave and Josh is taking his spot), and grabbed something to eat. Funny side note: Josh's first meal in Bahrain was at a Bennigan's.
He was about to get ready for bed and his first day on the job. He'll be going to his first morning of work at just about the time I'm going to bed tonight. This is going to take some getting used to!
But before he called, I was trying to keep my mind occupied. My mom suggested a walk around the pond at Prospect Park. So Dylan and I went with Grandma Linda before naptime today.
![]() |
| Dylan & Grandma Linda at Prospect Park |
Dylan is an absolute boy and just loves being outside. I swear, he could stay outside all day long. When he's been cooped up in the house for too long, he'll take my hand and go to the front door saying, "alk. alk." Yes, Dylan, I know you want to go outside for a walk. Please don't compare my son to a dog...even though that's what that story would be if dogs could speak English.
Anyway...My boy is all nature, all the time. He loves to lead the way on a hike, pick up sticks and make a drum out of anything.
He climbed a pretty steep incline to reach a tree stump so he could play a drum solo. Once the drumming was over, he picked up some sticks, pretended like he was biting them, and then set them on the stump while saying, "Eat! Eat!" Who needs toys when you have an awesome imagination and nature all around?
We walked around the lake twice and climbed the hill so Dylan could play at the playground for a while. He loved every minute.
![]() |
| Dylan and Mommy |
I have to share this photo because Dylan makes this face at me all the time. I swear I'm getting glimpse of my son during his teenage years.
![]() |
| A glimpse into the future |
Some of the minor highlights of my day (All highlights are minor after getting to talk to Josh this afternoon):
~Dylan seeing a frog on tv which made him point and say "Grog! Grog!" over and over. When I looked at him and said, "Did you see a frog?" He smiled, laughed, said yes and then proceeded to start hopping like a frog on all fours around the livingroom. One hop was so intense that it was followed by a somersault!
~My daily "Kiss" from my Kiss Jar had caramel in it! Thanks to my hubby for little, sweet, unexpected surprises.
~Nice calls from Connie and Andrew today.
~A quick chat online with Josh while writing this blog. By the way, he says it is HOT there!






No comments:
Post a Comment