Life is just
chugging along with Dylan and me. I didn’t hear from Josh on Friday, although I
feel like we are still trying to get used to the time difference and how to
deal with it. We’ll get the hang of it, I’m sure. I did get to talk to him on Saturday and he
told me about his busy day on Friday.
He had one
day of intro training on Thurs, followed by a day off on Friday. The
work week starts on Sunday there, so his weekends will be Fridays-Saturdays. He
said that on Friday, he went around town with the other people from his boat. I
guess they went to an all-you-can-eat place where it was $45(converted roughly)
for 4 hours of all-you-can-eat and all-you-can-drink. I guess they were there
for a long time and took advantage.
On the other
side of the world, Dylan and I went down to Friday’s by the river and had
dinner with Grandma Cathie and Grandpa Ben. Dylan was being a ham (as usual) so
they really enjoyed him. When we were leaving I thought Dylan was going to
knock them over with how forcefully he threw himself at them for a goodbye hug!
Yikes!
When we left
Fridays, we headed to Mom & Bob’s house. They were having a cocktail night
at their house for the neighbors. A couple of the neighbors are teachers and
wanted to celebrate the end of the school year. Mom went all out with snacks,
treats, and Patriotic Décor. Mike & Liz, Jon, Dylan, and I all crashed
their neighborhood party...I hope they don’t mind!
*Side note:
Once again, Jon surprised me that afternoon my not telling me he was coming to town
and then just showing up at my door. It was a really nice surprise. So, we made
plans for him to crash the neighborhood party with me. (The last time Jon surprised me,
Josh showed up later that day. It didn’t happen that way this time)
| Teamwork |
The
neighbors brought more treats and Ron, our bartender brought martini supplies.
We had some really fantastic martinis that night. (I had a Cosmo and a chocolate Martini - yummy!) One of my mom’s drinks was so
full to the brim that we had to drain a little bit before she could carry it
out to the deck. It was a rough job, but somebody had to help her! Thank goodness I was there for her!
![]() |
| Dylan & Aunt Liz |
Dylan completely
bonded with Aunt Liz. She got down on the ground and played with him for quite
a while. They were climbing under the table like it was their fort and playing
all kinds of crazy games. At one point, someone’s reusable shopping bag became
the toy of choice for almost 20 minutes! It doesn’t take much to keep him
occupied! Aunt Liz was so wonderful and I was able to sit down and relax for a
while. Everyone was happy!
Dylan and I
both stayed the night at Mom & Bob’s house that night. It was a great
move! It was the first night that Dylan
had a decent night of sleep since Josh left. I think it was because he knew
where he was, and he knows that it’s always Grandma or Grandpa that comes into
his room there, not Daddy. I think it got him out of his funk he was in. And I
actually got more than 4-5 hours of sleep for the first time all week! Yay!
I am so
grateful to have my parents so close while Josh is away. And I am so lucky that
they want to hang out with us so much. They are really there for Dylan and me. I’m definitely not feeling alone. Maybe a
little lonely, but that is a completely different thing.

No comments:
Post a Comment