Although Dylan has become a professional paper ripper, he took the time that morning to make one gift extra beautiful. It's obvious that if a present looks nice with one bow, it stands to reason that it would look even better with several! What an artist!
That morning Dylan got to open one of his gifts from Josh. It was a sit-and-spin! He needed a little help figuring it out, but once he did, he was on fire!
We wanted to take a family photo in our Christmas pajamas. That’s right, we get pj’s every Christmas Eve and wear them on Christmas morning. Of course, this year, we had two Christmas mornings when we could wear them. Dylan’s had monkeys in Santa suits on snow skis…awesome.
After a little roughhousing with Oscar, we were ready to get dressed and prepare for our family Christmas afternoon. I went to pick up my Grandma and Grandpa and Grandma Gisele came over too. We had a wonderful meal (Cheesy potatoes!!!) and then settled in for some presents.
Dylan made out like a bandit and I’m not sure any of us were good enough this past year to deserve all that we got.
Although Josh said, “I don’t know what you’re talking about. I’ve been awesome this year!” hehehe.
Oscar even got spoiled!
I may have spoiled him on purpose because we were leaving him at Mom & Bob’s house for these two months before Dylan & I move to Moline. It was going to be easier to take him and leave him then, rather than when we are moving all of our stuff in February. Dylan was showing Oscar how to snuggle up on his new kitty bed. As you can see from the photo, Oscar was not as excited about it as Dylan.
Santa came early and brought Dylan a huge new toy box to put in his new room in Moline. It only took about 30 minutes before he decided he wanted to climb on top of the toy box and slide down the front. He is such a boy!
After the Grandparents were home, we turned on the Patriots game and snacked on leftovers all evening (cheesy potatoes!!!). It was a great day. Exactly how I would want an (early) Christmas Day to be. Thank you so much to my family for celebrating with us. It was perfect.







No comments:
Post a Comment