Dylan and I had been in Moline for almost two weeks without Josh. He was at a two week training school in California . Once he was done, he flew into Moline on the red-eye from San Francisco . I went to pick him up at on Saturday morning while Dylan had breakfast with Grandma Linda & Grandpa Bob.
Josh and I got back to the house right about the time that Dylan was getting a little cranky and ready for his nap. Not quite the welcome that I was hoping he’d give Daddy, but what can you do? While Dylan took his nap, Bob & I took Josh over to see the house that Dylan and I will be moving into in a couple months. Yes, it has been decided. Dylan, Oscar and I are going to be living in Grandma Gisele’s house. She moved out of the house and into an apartment a while back. The house didn’t sell and the contract was up with the real estate agent. So, instead of resigning with her and putting it back on the market, she offered it to me. It’s a win-win for all.
On the way back from the house, we picked up Hungry Hobo (always on the list of must-eat places when I’m in town) and brought it home for lunch. Dylan had just woken up before we got here and was a brand new boy. He was incredibly happy to see Josh. As a matter of fact, he was having a hard time looking away from him. Josh had to eat his entire lunch kneeling down next to Dylan’s highchair. They shared a turkey sandwich, lots of laughs, and lots of hugs and kisses.
After lunch, it was time for Josh to take a nap (he was REALLY tired after taking the red-eye) and it was time for Dylan and I to go pick up my step-mom (Nana Connie) at the airport. It seemed like everyone was coming into town that day! Dylan was a little shy at the airport, but warmed up to Nana by the time we got to Aunt Karen’s house. Then Dylan was getting spoiled with love by Nana and Great-Aunt Karen. He read books, showed off his dancing skills, went up and down the stairs a few times, and even got to pet the dog! What a lucky boy! My Grandpa Charlie and his wife also stopped over to say hello.
By the time we headed back to Mom & Bob’s house, Dylan was passed out in the back seat. Fun overload! While he took a quick nap, I woke Josh up from his nap because we had company coming. Mike & Liz came over for an evening of carry-out Chinese food, early presents, dance parties, and (once again) too much fun!
Dylan got to open an early Christmas present from Grandpa Bob & Grandma Linda. It was a Honda 4-Wheeler! When he saw it, his eyes got huge, he started clapping, and tried to climb on before we could get it out of the box.
He drove that thing around the house for about an hour. Then, he started getting ridiculous and wanted to stand up on the seat. I have such a BOY! He's a dare-devil. I am in so much trouble for the future.
Dylan was so happy to see his Daddy. He hardly let him out of his sight all night long. They played and snuggled all night.
It was a great early Christmas Eve. We saw SO much family and had WAY too much fun. We all slept well that night! And when we woke up…Christmas Morning!
No comments:
Post a Comment