Monday, July 25, 2011

John Deere Boy

Dylan and I made a trip to Moline right after the Fourth of July for the John Deere Classic. Wait, let me rephrase that. We made the trip to I could go to the Classic and Dylan could get some quality Grandma time! In other words - it was a win/win for everyone!

On the Thursday of Tournament, Mom and I thought it would be the perfect day to take Dylan out to the course and take some photos out by all of the equipment alongside the #9 Green. We headed out to the Grunt Dome to find Grandpa Bob and to see all of the other Grunts. It was there that Dylan sat in his very first Gator!

We, of course, had to take one of those awesome Gators around the course to get to the photo op location, so Mom & I commandeered Ace’s Gator and headed out. Dylan was pretty quiet on Grandma's lap  throughout that whole Gator ride. Maybe he was feeling the thrill of the wind in his hair! Or maybe he was thinking, "Holy cow! I don't have to sit in the back seat? The view up here is so much better than the one in Mommy's car!"

The equipment is located on the main drive heading up towards the Clubhouse, so we parked our awesome vehicles and headed over to the wonderland of John Deere stuff! The first thing Dylan wanted to get into was the Dylan-sized Gator. It was a huge hit!
                    

Then, Grandma and Grandpa took Dylan on a tour of all the fun equipment to play on!


There was even a guy-ed up hunting/camouflaged vehicle! I obviously had to get a photo of my little guy in that one! What a stud! He didn't even want to sit down on this one - standing all the way. Such a big studly man!

The huge golf ball has been a staple of the Golf Tournament for years. It is probably the most used photo op throughout the week. I quickly jumped on that bandwagon!

If you didn’t notice in all the other photos, Dylan even had his own Grunt Shirt! Grandpa Bob is the best! Look how great the guys look in their Grunt Uniforms! (This photo was taken in the Tournament Office. We just had to go see all the girls)

Overall, I think Dylan had a blast at the Tournament. The weather was perfect and the big boy equipment was fun...what more could a little boy ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment