I just realized that there are updates on Josh and I haven’t
shared them. There’s a lot he can’t tell me and there’s a lot I can’t post
here. But I’ll give you a general update.
After months of working on their boat while it was in dry dock, they are finally operational! That means Josh is finally able to do the job he went all the way over there to do. But it also means that he will be gone
for quite a while. So we are no longer able to Skype with his as often as before. He can still
access his Coast Guard email though, so we’re not completely cut off.
Even though I wasn't expecting to see his face for several
weeks, they pulled in a few days ago and we were able to Skype for a little
bit. On a funny side note, I thought I was going to witness something spectacular during that call…
While we were talking, he was outside on the docks and many
of his crew was “behind me” playing beach volleyball. The game kind of sounded
like a party and then the music started. Pretty soon I was hearing “Call Me
Maybe.” I had this vision of the entire volleyball game breaking into one of
those lip-syncing dances that invaded the internet all summer long. Not having
been in this country all summer, Josh thought I was losing my mind. He even
turned the computer back around to prove to me that no one broke into song and
dance just because that song came on. I can’t lie, it was a little
disappointing. I thought I was about to see something highly entertaining
happen. Oh well.
Josh hasn't gotten his leave officially approved yet, but he
request dates for his R&R. If all goes well, Josh will have a very cold
Christmas this year. At least there will be a little 2-yr old keeping him on his toes.

No comments:
Post a Comment