Oh, where can I even begin to describe the last month? I have experienced extreme stress, exhaustion, relief, sadness, and joy. It’s been quite the rollercoaster. I wonder if it will slow down anytime soon? It all started with our move out of Georgia and into Illinois in mid-February.
 |
| Using my desk that Matt took apart as his new recliner |
My mom caught a flight into Jacksonville the day before the movers came to our house. And by the time we got back to the house, Matt and Brittany were there too! I don’t know how I would have gotten everything done without that house full of people helping. I know that I am so lucky to have such great friends in my life. Matt & Britt drove 3 hours to my house just to help clean, organize, and prepare for the packers. It was so hard doing the move without Josh. And I know it would have felt practically impossible without Mom, Matt & Britt. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
 |
| Grandma & Dylan relaxing in our hotel room |
Our entire home was packed into boxes in 4 hours, but the movers weren’t scheduled to come for another two days. Matt & Britt went home, and my mom, Dylan & I camped out in a hotel room and tried to relax for a couple days. I was really frustrated with the delay, at first, but I have come to realize that I really needed that day of rest before our upcoming road trip. One of many blessings in disguise throughout this experience.
 |
| Dylan and his Paczki |
Our day off between the packers and the movers happened to be Fat Tuesday, so we picked up some Paczkis from Publix and let Dylan dig in! He only had one bite - but it was a huge one! I think he was a little overwhelmed. I happily finished it for him. We were thinking of Daddy while chowing down on our Polish treats. He usually buys them for us, and I didn't want to break the tradition, even if he wasn't physically there with us.
The actual moving day was pretty overwhelming for me! The movers took about 5 hours to get everything we own on the truck. Mom and I managed to finish cleaning the house, got the kid to take a nap in the car, we had the carpet cleaning guy come, I said goodbye to the best neighbor ever (we love you, Von!), turned the keys into the rental office, reweighed the car, and finally got on the road. It was several days worth of things packed into one. We were on the road by mid-afternoon.
We made it North of Atlanta and by the time we got into the hotel room, I was experiencing a level of exhaustion that I’ve never felt before in my life. I felt like I was moving through a dream. It was almost a scary situation. Thank goodness I had my Mama there! She was my rock when I needed some extra strength.
 |
| Behind the wheel, helping me drive :) |
Dylan was an absolute rockstar in the car on the way back to Illinois. He and Grandma sat in the back seat playing games and having a ball the whole way. We managed to make it back to my parents’ house by about 7pm the second night.
Overall, Dylan has adjusted pretty well for a kid who has been dragged across the country and who has slept in so many different places in such a short amount of time. And the move was only the beginning. Stay tuned for more about the craziest month I’ve ever had to survive. Coming soon…
MISS YOU!!!
ReplyDelete