Friday, February 3, 2012

Celebrating Five Years!

Feb 2, 2007
(Yes, we wore flip-flops!!)
Yesterday was Groundhogs day. But more importantly, it was the day five years ago that Josh and I got married. I know that’s confusing for some people who were at our wedding the following September, but our first exchanging of vows took place on Feb 2, 2007 in the Downtown Orlando Courthouse. It wasn't really a secret that we were already married at our wedding. I’m sure everyone knew. We wanted to have that party where we could celebrate with our family and friends even though we exchanged vows before Josh went into the Military.

We got married on the 2nd and Josh left a few days later for Basic Training. We did managed to squeeze in a weekend at the Disney Resort on Hilton Head Island and a Superbowl party before he left. Now, here we are 5 years later and separated again. Oh, the joys of a military life! But I fully support him and I’m so glad we are in such a good place in our relationship right now. Otherwise, this separation and deployment would probably drive me crazy!

Dylan and I have been keeping really busy this week. We had a family come through to look at the house and an hour later, my rental place called me cancelling all the future appointments for others to come because an application had been filled out. I’m hoping they get the house and I don’t have to have any more strangers wandering through my home! Only 16 days until the movers come. Holy cow, I have SO much to do! We’ve already dropped off two huge loads of stuff to Goodwill - and there’s more on the way. But, I feel like I’ve turned a corner and that I might actually get my to-do list completed in time...maybe.

"Hello? Can you hear me?"
Dylan is doing great! He’s added “Bowl” to his word list now. He had a fever yesterday, but it only lasted a short while. I’m not sure if it was picked up somewhere or if it’s because of the 6 teeth that kid is pushing through! But he’s back to his wild self today. We’ve been playing with the Runnels and trying to stay active. Dylan loves going to the park!

Earlier this week, TJ offered to watch Dylan so I could go to a spin class with Katie on base. Katie and I worked our butts off, and the kids had a blast! Then Katie and I picked up dinner on the way back to their house. I was really needing a pick-me-up that day and the Runnels really came through for me. They are the best!

Josh is doing well at School. I did get his mailing address that he will have from now until Mid-March. If you would like the address please email, text, call (etc) and I'll give it to you. He is still in the midst of administration stuff, but he did get his new Camo uniforms! I am impatiently waiting for a photo of my studly man in his new Camos!

Smile of the day: 
Now that Josh is gone, I’m finding the small joys in little things that make me smile. Most of them are posts on Pinterest (my new addiction), but I know not everyone is on that site (yet). So I thought I’d share some of those things that make me happy.

Today’s is a kiddie costume of the old man from Pixar’s Up. I can’t tell you how adorable I think this is!

No comments:

Post a Comment